Elizabeth Hirsh, President and Founder
After helping several family members with challenging moves, Elizabeth launched The Downsizers, the Triangle’s leading move management team specializing in serving the senior community and individuals in transition.
Downsizing through a move can be mentally, emotionally, and physically draining. After speaking with senior communities and individuals going through a transition, Elizabeth realized the tremendous need for these services in the Triangle region and is now driven by a sincere desire to help.
Thriving on building teams who exude compassion, efficiency, and positivity, Elizabeth looks forward to serving the Triangle community through a full suite of move management services.
Elizabeth is a Member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers
and a Member of the Chapel Hill Chamber of Commerce.
What led Elizabeth here:
- After moving her own family 12 times in the last 20 years, Elizabeth intimately understands and appreciates the art of downsizing!
- While living in 250 sq ft (a 40′ RV) for 15 months and traveling 20,000 miles, Elizabeth and her husband fell in love with the simplicity of living in a smaller space. On this journey, they learned “less is more” while they homeschooled their two children across 38 states.
- For the past 5 years, Elizabeth and her husband have been coaching entrepreneurs to launch and grow their own businesses. Their combined skill sets create a solid foundation for The Downsizers team.
- With a very personal interest in holistic health and alternative medicine, Elizabeth had her own holistic health coaching practice for 7 years. This is where she learned coaching through compassion can be the ultimate healer for individuals going through challenges and transitions.
- After spending 15 years in the technology industry and as the Top 2% real estate agent in the Metro DC area, Elizabeth discovered her interest in building and managing productive teams.
- In all of her “spare time,” Elizabeth enjoys spending time with her husband, Glenn, and two teenagers, Ashlyn and Cameron, and loves walking her two dogs, Buddy and Holly. As a family, they enjoy connecting with other families visiting the area by volunteering at the local Ronald McDonald House.
- And for fun, you’ll either find Elizabeth horseback riding or trying out a new farm-to-table restaurants in the area!
Jen Harris, Downsizing Manager
After supporting her mother to downsize and relocate from Florida to the Triangle area, Jen knows the physical and emotional challenges with such a transition. She organized, downsized, packed and got her settled in her new home. Jen found that many of her friends were supporting their parents in this same transition. They felt overwhelmed and alone. Jen joined The Downsizers to provide the senior community, individuals in transition, and their loved ones with a trusted and compassionate resource.
What led Jen here:
- As a Certified Public Accountant and Holistic Health Coach, Jen has supported clients for years through a variety of financial and health challenges.
- With a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Virginia Tech, Jen’s ability to determine her clients needs, develop plans of action, and help clients implement these plans make her well-suited to be a Move Manager.
- As an active member of the Triangle area community, Jen regularly volunteers through Activate Good delivering meals to homebound individuals, serving dinner at Raleigh homeless shelters, helping local schools, supporting Special Olympics and other local organizations.
- She enjoys spending time with her husband and two teenage children.